- Academy of Architecture of Soviet Union – official scientific organization established in 1934 and reorganized in Academy of Construction and Architecture of the USSR in 1956. Existed till 1964.
- Aeroprojekt (Аэропроект) – State design, research and scientific institute of civil aviation. Established in 1934 to plan facilities for development of ground-based civil aviation infrastructure, such as airports etc.
- Chief Architect of the City – was responsible for the planning and development of the city and for the quality of the architecture, the development and implementation of the master plan, ensuring the economics of construction, the construction of new residential areas and the reconstruction of the old building fabric. The chief architect of the city headed the main architectural-planning division. He was directly subordinated to the City Council or the State Construction Committee (Sakhmsheni) of the Republic.
- Commettee of Preservation of Cultural Heritage – consulting and advisory body established in 1934. In 1959 – Organization “Georgian Society for the Protection of Cultural Monuments”. Its purpose was to identify, protect, restore and study the cultural heritage monuments in Georgia and abroad. In 1978, the Main Scientific Division of History, Culture, Natural Monuments Protection and Use (abbreviated as the Monument Protection Division) was established. In 2004, the Department of Cultural Heritage (a government institution) was established. Since 2008 – Georgian National Agency for Cultural Heritage Preservation
- Eastern Countries International Academy of Architecture established in the beginnig of 1990s in Baku, Azerbaijan
- Georgian Technical University – founded in 1922 as the Polytechnic Faculty of Tbilisi State University. In 1928, it merged with the Engineering Faculty of the Tbilisi Polytechnic Institute and the Georgian State Polytechnic Institute was established. In 1936 it was renamed the Georgian Industrial Institute, in 1948 it was renamed the Georgian Polytechnic Institute, and in 1972 the institute was awarded the Order of Lenin and renamed V.I. Lenin Georgian Polytechnic Institute. It has been called Georgian Technical University since 1990. The Faculty of Civil Engineering with the Department of Architecture was established in 1922, when the University was founded. It’s name was changed several times. Since 2005 the department is called Faculty of Architecture, Urban studies and Design.
- GIProAvtoDorTrans – State Design Institute for Transport Management and Transport Enterprises and Buildings, related to ORGDORSTROY – State Bureau of Construction Organization.
- GIProPromSelStroi (Гипропромсельстрой) – state design institut for planing of facilities Agrimanufacturing Enterprises.
- GIProGorStroy (Гипрогорстрой) – Saqqalaqmshensakhproekti – State Design Institute at the Ministry of Construction of the Georgian SSR. Main profile of the institute was city planning and teritorial planning. It had branch offices in Sokhumi and Batumi.
- GosGrajdanStroy – State Committee of Civil Engineering and Architecture – was founded in 1963 as part of the Gosstroy system. It governed all the central research and development institutes and civic institutes in Tbilisi, Tashkent and Kiev.
- GruzDorNII (Груздорнии) – Georgian Automobile Road Research and Development Institute, a branch of Soyuzdornii – the Soviet Institute of the same profile.
- GUShosDor – Chief Highway Department – functioned as part of the Ministry of Interior since 1936. After 1953 “Gushosdor” belonged to the all-union Ministry of Automobile Transport with a function of road construction, renovation and maintenance.
- Honored architect – (of the republic) soviet honorary title used to be given to architects for their outstanding achievement in development of local architecture. (of the Soviet Union) soviet honorary title used to be given to architects for their outstanding achievement in development of Soviet architecture.
- Honored Artist – of All-Uninon or republic, soviet , state honorary title of Presidium of the Supreme Soviet for well known actors, artists, composers, filmmakers, architecs etc. for their outstanding achievement in development of Arts.
- KhramHESProject – Khrami Hydroelectropowerplant in Tsalka municipality on the river Khrami (1947). Design organisation for development of the plant infrastructure.
- Ministry of Road Construction of Georgia – Previously the Highway Department at the Council of Ministers of the Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic (SSR) between 1956 and 1968, the Ministry of Automobile Roads of Georgia functioned under the later name between 1968 and 1988.
- Ministry of Construction of Georgian Soviet Socialist Republic – government organisation, accountable to the Central office in Moscow, established for coordinating construction work.
- Order of the Red Banner of Labor – was an award established in 1928 to honour great services to the Soviet state in different fields of labour activities. Abolished in 1991.
- OrgDorStroi – (Оргдорстрой), State office of the Road construction organisation
- People’s Architect of the Soviet Union – Honorary title was introduced in 1967 by the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. It was granted for a special contribution to the development of Soviet architecture, urban planning, creation of modern civic, industrial and rural architectural complexes, buildings and structures, which gained all-union public recognition. Archil Kurdiani was awarded the title as the first Georgian architect in 1970.
- SakEnergoProeqti – State Design Institute at Georgian Energy Department of the Georgian SSR Council of Economy.
- SaqSoplMshenProeqti (Сельпроект) – State design institute of State Construction Committee of Georgian SSR, responsible for development of rural areas, villages, residential, civil and agricultural facilities
- Samkhatvro Kombinati – Art Combine, sort of an art and artisan workshops of Artists Union of Georgia. Designed and manufactured all kinds of decorative art production such as ceramics, mosaics, metalwork etc. for minor architecture and decoration of buildings.
- SakhMsheni – (rus. Госстрой – Gosstroy – State Construction Committee of the Soviet Council of Ministers – was founded in 1950 and abolished in 1991). It included all state construction committees and ministries of all the Soviet republics. State Construction Committee of Georgian SSR. Its functions included the development and implementation of a unified technical policy to increase the efficiency of construction in the country. Therefore, its task was to manage all processes in the field of architecture and construction. In 1955 By Gosstroy has been developed the Construction Rules and Regulations (Строительные нормы и правила (СНиП), which was mandatory throughout the USSR. Like all central organizations, it was a structurally strict vertical – “Sakhmsheni” of Georgian SSR was accountable to the Central office in Moscow. All non-standardised, individual or experimental projects with expenses exceeding 3 Million Rubles needed approval from Moscow head office
- SaqShakhtProject – State design institue of the Coal, Oil and Mining Industry Division of the USSRCouncil od National Economy (1957-1965), later – of the Ministry of Coal Industry, the profile of which was planning of mining infrastructure.
- Scientific-restoration workshops – Founded in 1948 (the first organization of a similar profile in the Soviet Union). Served to conduct scientific and practical work in the field of architectural restoration.
- SoyuzGIProTorg – Союзгипроторг – State design institute of Ministry of Trade of Soviet Union specialized on planning of facilities for trade and public catering.
- SoyuzDorProekt (rus.- Союздорпроект) – State Institute for Design and Research of Automobile Roads – functioned under the Soviet Ministry of Construction of Transport Facilities. Its Tbilisi branch – “Sakgzaproekti”- was founded on the research and development section of the Chief Highway Department in 1938 and belonged to the Ministry of Interior up until 1953. Between 1953 and 1976 the Institute was renamed into Tbilisi Branch of “Soyuzdorproekt”. After 1976 and until 1991 its official designation was Tbilisi State Design and Research Institute – “Tbilgiproavtotrans”, at which time it functioned as part of the Chief Design and Major Construction Department at the Soviet Ministry of Transport. The Institute mainly specialized in road construction and engineering structures. It also included a division of civil buildings.
- Student Architeture Studio – of the faculty of Architecture established in 1970 at the State Politechnical Insitute (Georgian Technical University). Students had an opportunity to do internship and work on a project under the direction of their professors.
- Tbilisi Metro Division – was established in 1965 by the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Georgian SSR. The construction of the underground in Tbilisi was decided in 1952. The first line with five stations was opened in 1966.
- Tbilisi State Academy of Arts – founded in 1922 as «Georgian Academy of Arts» with faculties of painting, graphics, sculpture and architecture. It was first higher art scool in Caucasus region. In 1929 it was transformed into the Higher Art Technical Institute (Ustekin), in 1931 it was completely abolished and in 1933 it was restored as the Tbilisi State Academy of Arts. Today – Apolon Kutateladze Tbilisi State Academy of Arts.
- TbilQalaqGapormeba (Geo. – თბილქალაქგაფორმება) – Municipal design office for public urban spaces
- TbilQalaqProekti (Geo. – თბილქალაქპროექტი) – State Design Institute at Executive Committee of the City Council of Tbilisi – founded in 1933. The institute developed master plans for Tbilisi and its main residential, public, administrative, industrial, medical, transport and engineering infrastructure. The institute had various divisions specializing in urban planning, architecture and engineering. In 1990-s it was abolished as a state institution and later transfomed into a LTD Tbilqalaqproject
- TBILZNIIEP – Scientific, Research and Design Institute for Standardised and Experimental planing of housing and public buildings – a branch of the Soviet Institute was founded in Tbilisi in 1964 to undergo reorganization in 1991 and be abolished in 2006. Its work branched out in three main directions – research, design and experimental testing. It was a leader in earthquake-proof construction.
- TouristProekt – founded in 1978, all-union design institute to plan tourist infrastructure, buildings and facilities. Central office in Leningrad, branches in Tbilisi, Kiev, Nalchik, Feodosia, Uzhgorod and Krasnoiarsk.
- Union of Architects of USSR – founded in 1932 following Stalin’s order to ban all free creative groups. The periodical of the Union of Architects was the monthly magazine Архитектура СССР “Arkhitektura SSSR” (1933-1992). The Union of Architects of Georgian SSR was founded in 1934.
- USSR State Prize in Literature, Art and Architecture – established by the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR and the Council of Ministers in 1966 (instead of the Stalin Prize from 1941-1955). The second most important state prize in the USSR after the Lenin Prize was 5 000 Rubles. Abolished in 1991.