* 17.05.1941 Tbilisi, Georgia
† 12.10.2009 Tbilisi
Guram Abuladze studied at the Faculty of Architecture of the Georgian Polytechnic Institute. After graduation, from 1964 to 1968 he worked at “TbilQalaqProekti” as an architect, senior architect, group leader and a chief architect of a project. In 1969-1972 he was design group leader at “TbilQalaqGapormeba” and 1984 to 1987 director of the same office. Guram Abuladze was the deputy head (1973-1974) and the head (1974-1981) of the Student Design Bureau of the Faculty of Architecture of the Georgian Polytechnic Institute. From 1991 to 1996 he was deputy director and teacher at the Institute of Architecture and associate professor of the Design Department. In 1987-1991 he worked as the head of the Design Division of the Tbilisi City Council.
Guram Abuladze was a member of the Council of Young Scientists of Georgia, (Architectural Section 1967-1973), Chairman of the Audit Council of the Georgian Union of Architects (1974-1980) and a member of the Board, as well as a member of the Council of People’s Deputies of the Gldani district, Tbilisi (1985-1987 and 1987-1991).
Abuladze received the I prize for the diploma work (All-Union architecture graduates award, 1964), the I prize in the nomination “Best Restoration of the Year” (For the Reconstruction-Restoration project of the State Conservatory Grand Hall, 1998).
Info: Eka Abuladze
Photos: Guram Abuladze personal Archive
– Billboards, interiors and small architectural forms for the public urban space of Tbilisi, 1969-1991
– Restaurant “Rioni”, Arbat, Moscow 1969
– “Tergdaleuli” Memorial, Dariali gorge, 1972
– Georgian Pavilion at the international Exhibition, Cairo, Egypt 1972 (Guram Abuladze, Tinatin Eristavi, Shota Kavlashvili)
– Georgian Pavilion, Poznan, Poland 1980
– Improvement and reconstruction projects for Tbilisi-Mtskheta section of the Georgian Military Road and Tbilisi-Airport highway, 1987-1991
– Reconstruction of Tbilisi Dumbadze State Children’s Theater (Guram Abuladze, T. Shashiashvili) 1998-2007
– Reconstruction-Restoration project of the Grand Hall of the Tbilisi State Conservatory, 1998
– Wine tasting hall of the Vachevi Wine Factory, Zestaponi, year unknown
– Underground passage, Chavchavadze Avenue near Ateni Street, Tbilisi, year unknown
– Office building of the arboretum, Gori. Year unknown
– Alexander Chavchavadze House-Museum Reconstruction-Restoration project, Tsinandali, Year unknown
– Reconstruction of Vera Park, Tbilisi, year unknown
Laghidze, Nino. Contemporary Georgian architects. Guram Abuladze. Tbilisi 2009. geo. ISBN 978-9941-0-0938-9