* 10.06.1934 Tbilisi, Georgia
† 12.01.2002 Tbilisi
Levan (Leviko) Kiladze graduated in 1959 from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Georgian Polytechnic Institute with a degree in architecture. In the same year he started to work as an architect in the “Saqqalaqmshensakhproeqti“. From 1961 to 1965 he was a group leader and in 1965-1972 a chief architect of the project. Between 1972 and 1985 Levan Kiladze was the head of the first architectural studio of the same institute and from 1985 a head of the Georgian brunch of “Soyuzgiprotorg“.
Between 1961 and 1963 Levan Kiladze taught at the Mose Toidze Art School Tbilisi and in 1969-1980 at the Faculty of Architecture of the Georgian Polytechnic Institute.
Levan Kiladze was a Board member of the Union of Architects of Georgia (1963), Honored Architect of Georgia (1983), Chairman of the “Architect Giorgi Lezhava Foundation”.
He was a laureate of the all-Union Award “Best Projects of the Year” for Mziuri Children’s Park (1983) and Tbilisi Central Department Store Reconstruction Project (1989). For the Administrative building in Zugdidi he received in 1987 the Prize of Council of Ministers of the Georgian SSR. He was an owner of multiple awards in order to his creative activities.
Info: Lena Kiladze
Photos: Levan Kiladze personal Archive
– Laboratory of Isotopes of the Georgian Academy of Sciences in Digomi, Tbilisi 1959
– Biological Science Complex of the Georgian Academy of Sciences in Digomi, Tbilisi 1960
– Biochemical laboratory of the Georgian Academy of Sciences in Digomi, Tbilisi, year unknown
– Institute of Mechanical Engineering of the Georgian Academy of Sciences, Tbilisi 1964
– Residential housing on Nutsubidze Street, Tbilisi 1969
– Private houses, Tskneti and Tabakhmela 1970
– Institute of Oriental Studies of the Georgian Academy of Sciences (Civil engineers: O. Panozishvili, D. Dzotsenidze), Tbilisi 1969
– Institute of Neurology hospital, Tbilisi 1972
– “Mziuri Children’s Park Complex”, Tbilisi 1980
– 120-apartment house, Tbilisi 1982
– Administrative building (Levan Kiladze, Tsiala Giorgadze), Zugdidi 1984
– Kindergarten on Mechnikov Street, Tbilisi 1985
– Tbilisi Central Department Store Reconstruction Project, Tbilisi 1987
– Restaurant “Tetri Etli”, Gori, year unknown, unrealized
– Reconstruction project of “Laghidze Waters” building, Tbilisi, year unknown
– Book store “Prospero”, 34 Rustaveli Ave., Tbilisi 1999
– “Writers’ House” Reconstruction Project, Tbilisi, year unknown, uncompleted
– Reconstruction of Poka Convent, year unknown, uncompleted project