* 9.03.1934 Tbilisi, Georgia
† 21.05.2016 Tbilisi
Ketevan (Keta) Kobakhidze graduated in 1958 from the Civil Engineering Faculty of the Georgian Polytechnic Institute with a degree in Architecture. In 1958-1971 she worked as an architect at the fourth architectural studio of “TbilqalaqProekti“. In 1971-2016 she was a senior teacher and an associate professor at the Faculty of Architecture, department Fundamentals of Design, of the Tbilisi State Academy of Arts. She is an author of publications on Georgian architectural monuments.
Ketevan Kobakhidze was awarded the Medal of Honor in 1998.
Info: Tamaz Gersamia, Baia Nikolaishvili
Photos: Ketevan Kobakhidze personal Archive
– Restaurant in Digomi, Tbilisi, 1961
– Resort of the Council of Ministers, Sokhumi 1962. (Vladimer Alexi-Meskhishvili, N. Vadachkoria, Ketevan Kobakhidze, Civil engineer: Guram Mebuke)
– The lower floor of Freedom Square metro station, (then Metropolitan station “Lenin Square”), Tbilisi 1967 (Vladimir Alexi-Meskhishvili, Ketevan Kobakhidze. Civil engineer: Guram Mebuke)
– The House of Actors, Tbilisi 1974 (Vladimir Alexi-Meskhishvili, Kiazo Nakhutsrishvili, Ketevan Kobakhidze. Civil engineer: Guram Mebuke)
– Reconstruction of the hotel “Rustavi”, Tbilisi 1971
– Ilia Chavchavadze Memorial Museum, Kvareli 1977 (Victor Jorbenadze, Ketevan Kobakhidze)
– Site measurement and transfer project of Khani village to Tbilisi Ethnographic Museum 1972 (Irakli Mosulishvili, Ketevan Kobakhidze)
– Residential house, village Tskneti 2006 (Ketevan Kobakhidze, Mikheil Kruashvili)
– Monument to David Sarajishvili, Tbilisi 1991 (Sculptor: Anzor Gomarteli)