* 28.05.1935 Tbilisi, Georgia
† 05.01.1996 Tbilisi
Architect, town planner
Vladimer (Vova) Kurtishvili graduated from the Department of Architecture of the Faculty of Civil Engineering at the Georgian Polytechnical Institute in 1960 and started working as an architect in the 4th architectural studio of “Tbilqalaqproekti“. Later, he led there the 6th architectural studio and in the late 1980s he became director of this institute. Since 1975 he was a lecturer in the Georgian Technical University.
Vladimer Kurtishvili was Honored Architect of Georgia (1979). He received The Order of Friendship of Peoples; the Prize of Komsomol for the “Youth Friendship Memorial” (1982); the Prize of Council of Ministers of the USSR (1983) and the Prize of Council of Ministers of Georgia (1984). Vladimer Kurtishvili was Corresponding Member of the International Academy of Architecture (1992).
Info: Irina Kurtishvili
Fotos: Vladimer Kurtishvili personal Archive
– Baratashvili Bridge, Tbilisi 1965 (Shota Kavlashvili, Vladimer Kurtishvili. Civil Engineer: Giorgi Kartsivadze)
– Swimming pool complex on Rike Park, Tbilisi, 1965 (Shota Kavlashvili, Ramaz Kiknadze, Vladimer Kurtishvili). Unrealized
– Central Bus Station, Tbilisi 1970 (Shota Kavlashvili, Ramaz Kiknadze, Vladimer Kurtishvili. Artist: Zurab Tsereteli)
– Wine tasting hall “Sachashnike”, Tbilisi 1970 (Ramaz Kiknadze, Temo Mikashavidze, Vladimer Kurtishvili)
– Restaurant “Marabda”, 1971 (Ramaz Kiknadze, Temo Mikashavidze, Vladimer Kurtishvili)
– Beer pub “Shatili”, Tbilisi late 1960s (Ramaz Kiknadze, Givi Metreveli, Teimuraz Mikashavidze, Vladimir Kurtishvili)
– Village Niya Gruzinskaya on the Baikal–Amur Mainline, 1975 (Vladimer Kurtishvili, Leo Bokeria, Valeri Bakhtadze, Vladimer Tsintsadze)
– Marjanishvili Street Reconstruction Project, Tbilisi 1980s (Vladimer Kurtishvili, Zaza Isakadze, Zaza Pilishvili)
– The Youth Friendship Memorial, 1981 (Vladimer Kurtishvili, Valery Bakhtadze, Leo Bokeria, Vladimer Tsintsadze)
– Museum of Military Glory of the Transcaucasian Military District, near Red Bridge, 1981 (Vladimer Kurtishvili, E. Kvernadze)
– The building of art collections of the Georgian National museum, Tbilisi 1985 (Vladimer Kurtishvili, Nunu Saralashvili)
– Sheraton Metechi Palace Hotel, Tbilisi, 1991 (Shota Kavlashvili, Shota Gvantseladze, Engin Cakman, Vladimer Kurtishvili)
German Architects in Tbilisi 19st century (curated by Vladimer Kurtishvili and Irina Kurtishvili) Georgian National Library, 1993.
Verlag Müry Salzmann, Salzburg 2016 ISBN 978-3-99014-136-6
Irina Kurtishvili (Ed.) Hotel Orient / Haus der Künstler, Literatur Museum, Tbilisi 2014 ISBN: 978-99940-28-90-0
Nataša Bodrožić and Nini Palavandishvili (Ed.), Spaces. Cultural Public Sphere in Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Verlag Bibliothek der Provinz, Weitra 2014 ISBN: 978-3-99028-425-4
Adolph Stiller (Ed.), Tbilisi/Architecture at The Intersection of Continents (27.04.2016)