TitleField Uqzq9locationsStatus-Geohf:tax:tax_1091hf:tax:tax_1085hf:tax:tax_1086hf:tax:tax_1083
“Univermag Tbilisi” Complex1975

Multifunctional complex “Univermag Tbilisi” was built in 1975 near Liberty Squaret. The complex combined three functionally distinct and independent parts, which were masterly integrated to each other +++

, , , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecturemixed-use trade-and-industry transport-and-infrastructure
209 Series1948

The residential housing series developed by architect Longinoz Sumbadze and engineer Irakli Japaridze was built in several cities in Georgia and Romania +++

, 1921-1954-envariousarchitectureresidential
Airport’s City Terminal1984

The round formed Tbilisi Airport's city Terminal by Davit Morbedadze, Tamaz Tevzadze and Teimuraz Kandelaki was supposed to serve the airport located at the other end of the city +++

, , , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecturetransport-and-infrastructure
Aquatic Sports Complex “Laguna Vere”1978
Aquatic Sports Complex by Shota Kavlashvili, Ramaz Kiknadze and Guram Abuladze, known as Laguna Vere, is located in the central part of Tbilisi +++

 

, , , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecturesport-and-leisure
Baratashvili bridge1965

The Baratashvili bridge with integrated exhibition space and café was designed by Giorgi Kartsivadze, Shota Kavlashvili and Vladimer Kurtishvili +++

, , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecture urban-planningtransport-and-infrastructure
Biomorphic Pavilions1980

The first shell structure by Giorgi Chakhava was built for Alushta Bus Station in 1961 +++

, , 1954-1991-envariousarchitecturetransport-and-infrastructure
Building Element1965

In 1965 Giorgi Chakhava starts working on a modular system to be known later as „Building Element“ +++

, , , 1954-1991-envariousarchitecturetransport-and-infrastructure
Caucasian Sericulture Station1889

The large complex, planned by Alexander Szymkiewicz, involved wide area around Mushthaid Garden with all necessary buildings for silk production +++

, , 1801-1918-entbilisiarchitecture landscape-architecture urban-planningeducation-and-research
Central Bus Station1973
In 1973, a new complex of Tbilisi Central Bus Station was realized in Ortachala by Shota Kavlashvili, Ramaz Kiknadze and Vladimir Kurtishvili +++

, , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecturetransport-and-infrastructure
Chess Palace and the Alpine Club1973

Tbilisi Chess Palace and the Alpine Club by the architects Vladimir Aleksi-Meskhishvili and Germane Ghudushauri was opened in 1973, on the territory of Vera Park +++

, , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecturesport-and-leisure
Metro station “300 Aragveli”1967

Metro station "300 Aragveli", built according to the project of Tamaz Tevzadze, is the station of the first line of the Tbilisi Metro +++

, , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecturetransport-and-infrastructure
Metro station “Marjanishvili”1964

The interior design of the metro station "Marjanishvili" by Givi Melkadze, Temo Mikashavidze, Neli Kvartskhava and Ilo Kavlashvili is characterized by its simplicity and refined details +++

, , , , 1954-1991-en 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecture architecturetransport-and-infrastructure transport-and-infrastructure
Ministry of Road Construction1975

George Chakhava and Zurab Jalaghania often state nature and special terrain as an inspiration for their famous ministry building +++

, , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitectureadministration-and-office
New Campus of Tbilisi State University1989
In 1967-1968 by the resolution of the Government of Georgia the decision of constructing a new campus of TSU was made and soon afterwards, at the special session of the Council of Ministers of the Georgian SSR the general plan was approved +++

, , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecture urban-planningeducation-and-research mixed-use residential
Pavilion for Chacha Ceremonies2018

This pavilion was build according to the project of Alexander Brodsky and Maria Kremer for the Art Fair Tbilisi +++

, 1991-tbilisiarchitectureculture
Planetarium1960

The first planetarium of Tbilisi by Alexandre Jibladze and Madlena Komakhidze was located on the plateau of Mtatsminda +++

, 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitectureculture education-and-research
Reconstruction of the Marjanishvili Quarter1980

In the 1980s Tbilqalaqproekti architects, under the leadership of Vladimer Kurtishvili, started working on the reconstruction plan of a quarter around the section of Marjanishvili street +++

, 1954-1991-entbilisiurban-planningresidential transport-and-infrastructure
Resort for Architects1983

Holiday house for architects in Gagra was built by order of the union of architects of the USSR and Georgia by Revaz Bairamashvili, Vakhtang Abramishvili, Davit Morbedadze and Ilia Kavlashvili +++

, 1954-1991-engagraarchitecturehealthcare
Samtsevrisi church of St. George1951

The Samtsevrisi church, built in the 7th century, was severely damaged by the earthquake in 1940.The restoration works were done according to the project by Levan Khimshiashvili by the anastylosis method +++

, 1921-1954-enkarelirenovationsacred
Silk Museum1891

Alexander Szymkiewicz designed the main building of the Sericulture Station specifically for Silk Museum. The new building was hosting offices and laboratories as well +++

, , , 1801-1918-entbilisiarchitectureculture
Swimming Pool Projects1950

None of the open-air or indoor swimming pools designed by Yuri Kasradze along the Mtkvari River were eventually realized +++

, , 1921-1954-entbilisiarchitecturesport-and-leisure
Tbilisi Sports Palace1961

Designed by architects Lado Alexi-Meskhishvili and Yuri Kasradze and engineered by Davit Kajaia the masterpiece of Georgian architecture and civil engineering of the twentieth century was inaugurated in 1961 +++

, , , 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitecturemixed-use sport-and-leisure
Tkhaba-Yerdy Church1971

Tkhaba-Yerdy Georgian architectural monument is located in the mountainous Ingushetia. In the 1968, according to the project by Levan Khimshiashvili, restoration works of the monument have started +++

, 1954-1991-eningushetiarenovationsacred
Tsekavshiri building – Cooperation House1971

The "Tsekavshiri" building on Freedom Square by Givi Melkadze and Neli Kvartskhava located on a small site between the architecture of social realism, the historical square and Russian neoclassicism represented one of the outstanding examples of its era +++

 

, 1954-1991-entbilisiarchitectureadministration-and-office
Tsirkoli church of the Mother of God1957

„...The dome isn’t visible externally because it’s located under the gable roof and that’s why the monument is perceived as a basilica.” So is described the Tsirkoli monument by the author of the restoration project, Levan Khimshiashvili +++

, 1954-1991-enakhalgorirenovationsacred
Village development projects1980
Regional characteristics have always played a crucial role for Irakli Margishvili throughout his extensive work on the rural development projects in Georgia +++

, , 1954-1991-envariousarchitecture urban-planningeducation-and-research residential
Yalta Bus Station1966

Yalta Bus Station was built in the area of the Yalta bypass road and the Bystraya River. It is one of the most important projects from Giorgi Chakhavas works +++

, , , 1954-1991-enyaltaarchitecturetransport-and-infrastructure
Zugdidi Administrative Building1985

This administrative building from the era of late Soviet modernism was built by Levan Kiladze and Tsiala Giorgadze +++

, , 1954-1991-enzugdidiarchitectureadministration-and-office